Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ombre Nails


Ombre nails (and hair) are really popular right now so I thought I'd take a stab at recreating the look myself. This technique is a little bit tricky, but is easy to perfect with practice. You can do this design with 2, 3 or even 4 colours, but I've found that the more colours you try to squeeze onto your nail the less smoothly they tend to blend. I chose bright blue, turquoise and minty green colours for my nails as they would blend more naturally together into a gradient.


The easiest way to achieve this look is to use a small makeup sponge and paint your polish onto the skinny end from lightest to darkest, or darkest to lightest in my case, noting that the colour on the tip will be at the base of your nail. I painted a white colour onto my nails before sponging on the other colours so that they would be brighter. You may need to reapply the paint onto the sponge with each nail, and sponge some nails more than once to get a smooth blend between colours.


Base Colour: Sally Hansen - Whitewind White
Ombre Colours: ACO - Electric Ocean, Deep Green, Mint Cream
Top Coat: PRO FX Long Wearing UV Top Coat


. love&sunshine&nailpolish, Cait xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment