Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sequin Stripes


Here's a design that looks fancy but is actually really simple. I haven't purchased my sequin set yet, so I used a chunky glitter polish to get the sequin effect. I simply pooled a little bit of the glitter polish on a small piece of scotch tape and then used a toothpick to pick up individual sparkles and place then in a line down my nail.


I sealed all the sequins in with 2 layers of top coat so they wouldn't flake off. As a side note - the ACO base colour I'm using (and used on a number of my designs) can be bought at Ardene's. This polish isn't the highest quality but doesn't chip easily if under a layer of top coat. They have a huge selection of colours and a 2 for $6 deal going on right now.



Base Colour: ACO - Grape Times
Sequin Colour: Sephora by OPI - Traffic-Stopper Copper
Top Coat: PRO FX Long Wearing UV Top Coat


. love&sunshine&nailpolish, Cait, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment